Friday 9 March 2012

Inner Calm.

Yesterday I started my new job in the Christian GP practice. I was actually posted to one of the other surgeries in the group at the last minute, so had met nobody there previously.
They were all very welcoming and pleased to see me. The work was pleasant.
At lunchtime, after eating, a lovely nurse quietly read aloud an inspirational spiritual passage.

Today I noticed these words on the notice board:

If you are devoted to the cause of humanity, you will soon be exhausted and have your heart broken by ingratitude, but if the main spring of your service is love for Jesus, you can serve men although they treat you as a doormat. Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it.

Oswald Chambers.

I find  this a very profound and moving statement. It makes me feel calm.

In fact if summing up my experience over the two days, I would say that my overwhelming feeling is a sense of calm and mutual respect.  I feel good.



(I,d even go as far as saying my piles feel better!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment