Monday 26 March 2012

The second Station of the Cross....

Jesus takes up his cross.



Jesus receives his cross and bears the terrible weight upon his shoulders. He does not complain but willingly accepts the tremendous burden as he begins his sorrowful journey.

What are my crosses? How well do I bear them? It is probably fair to say that many of us face up to the big crosses in life in stoic fashion. That is probably because we cannot avoid them if big enough to command our total attention. But what about the little crosses? The everyday annoyances and minor irritations. Do I respond well to them and embrace them as Christ embraced his cross? Or do I allow them to trip me up and fall over and over again?

Lord Jesus, grant me the grace to respond to the mundane and everyday crosses in my life. Remind me that my faith, with its supports of prayer and the sacraments, is there to guide, support and uplift me in the little things, as well as the great.

No comments:

Post a Comment